This Quick Reference Guide, demonstrates how to document patient Refusal of the COVID vaccine. This Guide assumes that users have a basic understanding of how to access the Immunizations template from the Orders Module.
Create New Immunization Order
Create a New Immunization Order, by clicking New. (See image below)
Click the check box next to one of the COVID-19 options. (See image below)
In the Review Allergies window:
- Review patient Allergies information. (If no Allergies exist to Neomycin, Egg, Latex, and Gelatin.) Click the No To All Allergies check box
- Click Save.
If the Drug Interaction window appears; acknowledge each interaction by:
- Selecting each Interaction.
- Click Acknowledge.
- Click Done.
Access the Vaccine Details window and do the following:
- Click the Vaccine Details tab.
- Select the Refused status.
- Select a reason for Not Administering (i.e. Other, Parental decision, Patient decision, and Religious exemption.)
The COVID-19 vaccine status now appears in the Vaccine Grid. (See image below)