In this Quick Reference Guide, we will learn how to Add Transactions from the Appointment Book in the Practice Management application.
If a Transaction is to be recorded for a patient who is being checked in:
- Right-click on the patient.
- Select Add Transaction from the menu.
All monetary Transactions are to be recorded using the Payment Entry screen. To record a Transaction:
- Ensure that Patient is listed as the Payer.
- Document a description of the payment in the Tracking field. (i.e. cash, check #, credit card authorization #, etc.)
- Enter the amount that is being paid in the Pay Amt field.
- Select the method of payment in the Pay Code field.
- Click Save
- Apply the payment to the Encounter in the Unapplied Payment window.
A Receipt can be printed for the Transaction. To print the Receipt:
- Click the Print icon.
- Select Encounter Bill from the menu.
- Click Print.