This Quick Reference Guide assumes that the user has a basic understanding of how to access a patient's chart in PM.
To add the Emergency Contact to a Patient's chart in PM (Practice Management):
- Select the Relationship/Contact/Guar tab at the bottom of the Patient Information tab.
- Click the Norton button next to Support Role.
- Select New from the menu.
THE CONTACT FIELD SHOULD NOT BE USED TO ENTER THE EMERGENCY CONTACT!
Adding Support Role Information
In the Add Support Role Information window complete the following information:
- Enter the First and Last name of contact.
- Select their relationship to the patient from the Relationship field.
- Select each role that they play in the Patient's life. (Options include: Caregiver; Emergency Contact; and Next of Kin)
- Click OK.
Although the Telephone Number fields may not show as required. It is best to document the contacts number information for contact purposes.
Support Roles entered in Practice Management will automatically appear in the Patient's Demographics template located in EHR.