In this Quick Reference Guide we will learn how to do the following:
- Set up a Recall Plan from the Add Appointment book.
- How to Print Recall Letters.
- How to Stop Recall Plans.
The Recall Plan is used in the Practice Management Application and is used as a way of sending one or more letters to the patient, reminding them that they are to return to the office for a particular type of appointment. (i.e. Annual Exams, Follow-ups, etc.)
Setting up a Recall Plan from the Add Appointments Book
To set up a Recall Plan from the Add Appointments book; Click the Recall/Waitlist tab.
Continue by performing the following steps:
- Right-Click inside the Recalls grid.
- Select New from the pop-up menu.
In the Recall Plan Maintenance window:
- Select the desired plan from the Recall Plans list.
- If necessary add any notes pertaining to the patients future visit in the Note field.
- Click OK
The Recall Plan information will now be visible in the Recalls grid.
How to Print Recall Letter
Recall letters do not auto generate. In this section I will show you multiple locations from where Recall letters can be generated from.
Printing Recall Letters from the Appointment Book
To print the Recall Letter from the Appointment Book:
- Right-Click the patient needing the letter.
- Select Recall from the pop-up menu.
In the Patient Recall grid:
- Select desired Recall Plan information.
- Click drop-down arrow next to the Letters button.
- Hover mouse over Print.
- Select 1st Letter from extended menu.
Generating Recall Letters from the File Menu
Recall Letters can also be generated by performing the following steps:
- Click File
- Hover mouse over the Print Forms option.
- Hover mouse over Letters in the extended menu.
- Select Recall Letters from extended menu.
In the Recall Letters window:
- Enter Search Criteria.
- Click Find
- Select Item from the Recall Letters grid.
- Click Print
Stopping Recall Plans
Recall Plans cannot be deleted, but they can be stopped as way of canceling the plan. Recall Plans can be stopped from the following locations:
- The Add Appointment Book
- The Clinical History/Notes tab located in the patients Practice Management chart.
Stopping Recall Plans from the Add Appointment Book
To stop a Recall Plan from the Add Appointment Book:
- Right-Click on desired plan.
- Select Stop from pop-up menu.
Click Yes to acknowledge your desire to stop plan.
The plan will no longer be visible in the Recalls grid. (See Image Below)
Stopping Recall Plans from the Clinical History/Notes Tab
To stop Recall Plans from the Clinical History/ Notes tab in the patients chart:
- Select Recall from the Topics menu.
- Right-Click the desired plan.
- Select Stop from the pop-up menu.
Click Yes to confirm that you are stopping the patients participation in the plan.
The stopped plans will be identified by a stop sign icon next to the plan. (See Image Below)
This concludes this Quick Reference Guide for the Recall Plan.